BAW Company began in 1944 marketing products fabricated from acetate. The operation was located in Baldwin, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and for several years in Verona, Pa.
On October 1, 1981, Jim Slovonic purchased BAW Company. BAW stayed in the Verona location for five more years before moving the operation to Pleasant Hills, PA.
BAW PLASTICS INC was incorporated on May 10, 1988 in the State of Pennsylvania.
In 1991, Jim Slovonic relocated BAW PLASTICS to our current Century Drive location in Jefferson Hills, PA. BAW PLASTICS INC also operates satellite offices in several states so we can better serve our customer’s needs.
On October 1, 2020, Jim Slovonic will celebrate his 39th anniversary as the owner of BAW PLASTICS INC. The company had grown from 1 employee in 1981 to the 170+ we have today. The original location went from a home basement operation to the current 160,000 sq. ft. facility currently in operation.
Our organization is dedicated to growth and excellence, guided by a man who had a dream and continues to make that dream come true.
The best is yet to come!